Introduction of DPT:
The Doctor of Physical Therapy or simply DPT is a 5 year clinical doctorate degree that allows an individual to start professional career as a “Physical Therapist”.
Physical Therapy is an essential segment of modern health care system that has been defined as a “science of the healing and art of caring”.
It pertains to the evaluation, assessment and treatment of Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems functional disorders including symptoms of pain, oedema, physiological, structural and psychosomatic ailments. It also deals with methods of treatment based on movement, manual therapy, physical agents, and therapeutics modalities to relieve pain and other complications. Hence, Physical Therapy covers basic parameters of healing sciences i.e preventive, promotive, diagnostic, rehabilitative and curative. rolex datejust replica
Vision of DPT:
The vision of DPT program is to produce experts who contribute to improve health status and health care through research, evidence based practice, education and professional leadership.
A team of committed professionals have experienced and physical therapy services and education based on research, training and development.
Mission Of DPT
The department is committed to ongoing Clinical Research, education and performance Review that ensure high quality physical therapy education and services.
The physical therapy program is dedicated to excellence is demonstrated through National recognition.
It is committed to academic enquiry and expression by fostering evidence base Healthcare research, teaching, service and public engagement.
It focuses to cultivating leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in the students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Objectives Of DPT:
Graduates of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program will:
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relevant to Physical Therapy, both in their fundamental context and in their application to the discipline of Physical Therapy.
- Understand, correlate and apply theoretical foundations of knowledge to the practice of physical therapy; evaluate and clarify new or evolving theory relevant to physical therapy.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly clinician by developing and utilizing the process of critical thinking and enquiry, particularly focus on the improvement of the practice of physical therapy and the delivery of Healthcare.
- Engage in reflective practice through sound clinical decision making, critical self-assessment and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate mastery of entry level professional clinical skills, Provision of these services is based on the best available evidence and includes physical therapy examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention, prevention activities, Wellness initiatives and appropriate Health Care utilization.
- Prepare to influence the development of human healthcare regulations and policies that are consistent with the needs of the patient and of the society.
- Demonstrate leadership, management, and communication skills to effectively participate in physical therapy practice and the health care team.
- Incorporate and demonstrate positive attitude and behaviors to all persons.
- Demonstrate the professional and social skills to adopt to changing healthcare environments to effectively provide physical therapy care.
Doctor Of Physical Career And Scope
Although the field of Physiotherapy is under development in Pakistan, still physiotherapists have a great career and scope and Pakistan. They can get jobs in government hospitals in 17th grade. They can start their private practice as Doctors of Physical Therapy. There is a great shortage of qualified
Physiotherapist and private sector too, so they have good employment opportunities for them in private hospitals. They can get job in education, research and sports fields. At present Doctors of Physical Therapy have great chances to excel in this field, because there are only few qualified physiotherapists who are practicing in the country. Physiotherapist can also get the immigration of Canada, Australia and New Zealand easily because they are included in the list of skill shortage professions in these countries.
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Eligibility Criteria
A student holding F.Sc (Pre Medical) with minimum 60% marks from Pakistan or an equivalent qualification from any other foreign university / School is eligible for admission in DPT.