- Pre- Engineering
- Computer Science
- Inter Sciences
- BS English
- BBA (HONS)
- HND in Management Science
- HND in Computing
- BS Nursing
- BS Dental
- BS Radiology
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
Associate degree is a 2-year program to be offered after intermediate or equivalent education at the affiliated colleges and within the constituents’ departments/ Institutes/ colleges of the University of Peshawar, where there is no BS program as directed by HEC. This will provide an alternate option to the student of BA/ BSc and may be an integrated type program among the relevant departments/Institutes/colleges under one faculty or faculties.
Pathway to further education for associate degree holders
There will be two possibilities for students after the completion of ADA/ADS.
- they may be admitted in the university or colleges in 5th semester with the BS students and a separate BS 2-years degree will be issued to them.
- They may be admitted in the university are colleges in the 2-years program(BS 2-years) separately if the University start a two-Year program for them.
Eligibility for admission
candidates with FA and FSc or equivalent qualification and having at least second division secure in 45% mark in aggregate are eligible to apply
Students level of understanding in every course is evaluated through a 30 marks mid-term examination half way through the semester followed by a 50 marks final examination at the end of semester as well as a 20 marks assignment/quiz tests thus totaling to 100 marks assessment for each subject.
BS (HONS) English
Create a niche in the world with the English language and literature and Excel in the world with the largest number of career opportunities!
Here in PEF University College, the English program or a subject of humanities and Social Sciences seeks to in inculcate in the fresh mind, a creativity, a freedom of enquiry and is considered a learning of highest caliber. BS English is one of the best programs for Excellence, whose sole goal is to unlock the critical, analytical and rational faculties of the students and open new Horizon beyond measure. This course is offering the subject in classical, modern, post modern and contemporary literature. The carefully scheme of study equally boost up individual linguistics skills, introducing new avenues in term of rhetoric and critical discourse.
Aims and objectives
BS English program ensures that students are well-versed in their research methodology. BS English aims at producing high employability graduates to meet the challenges of international job market.
Workshops, Seminars and training sessions are the regular feature of English program to keep the students abreast of the latest developments in English Studies.
We strengthen the liberal education of students by developing a profound understanding of language and enable them to use the language in a critical and effective writing skills.
We seek to create an aura of knowledge and love of literature and language in our students. In order to improve the students literary, analytical, pedagogical, and theoretical skills, we teach students to speak, read and write effectively.
Introduction to the Business Administration
Programs offered by our faculty explore the in-depth relationship between academic teaching and real-life management problems, there by helping the students to develop skills in collection of pertinent information derive meaningful analysis of available data and presentation skills.
Applying the case study method of imparting knowledge, the pace of the program is maintained a rigorous level with a view to prepare students to effectively handle the challenges of the modern-day work place.
Course contents are carefully selected by highly qualified professionals at different levels to ensure a comprehensive convergence of all aspects of managing a dynamic business.
due emphasis is placed upon development of entrepreneurial spirit as well as the ability to be an efficient member of a team.
The faculty maintains regular contact with reputable business houses seminars, membership of related committees, internship programs and job placement services to help open the doors for meaningful job opportunities for our students.
HND in Business Administration
PEF is offering Higher National Diploma (HND) in business which includes a broad range of highly relevant business and management subject areas, making It ideal for those who have started, or are claiming to move into, a career in private or public sector business.
Higher National is conducted and evaluated by Edexcel-UK’s largest awarding body having a large list of professional recognition bodies.
The Higher National in Business course which aims to provide the core skill and competencies required by employer and today’s competitive perspectives, to analyze management problems and specify workable solutions.
The Higher National in business from PEF is recognized by HEF as nationally recognized qualifications which can allow progression into a wide range of career within Pakistan.
Staff for Higher National in PEF is UK trained ensuring that the skills and thersitical knowledge
required by Business are acquired. These includes skills and analyzing and presenting information, managing people and organizations, marketing and business strategy and planning. The Higher National course is composed of 16 units, which are spread out over 4 semesters, typically containing 4 units in each semester.
At successful completion of higher National from PEF, the students are entitled to pursuit of Top UP Honor degree in UK, Malaysia, Canada, Australia, China, UAE and many more European and North American Universities.
BSN is a 4-year degree programme which nurtures integrated nursing knowledge, skills and professional attitude. The complete BS degree leads the graduate to start practicing as a registered nurse. The graduates of BSN programme undergo registration with Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) after completion of 1-year work placement in accordance with internship policy of PNC.
The BSN program prepares the registered nurse to be a professional health care practitioner who provides compassionate care, which is based on scientific evidence and who serve as the link between the patient (individual, family, community, or population) and the healthcare environment across the lifespan.
The successful completion of the BSN programme will enable the students to:
1. Utilize critical thinking and creativity to address professional practice and patient care issues.
2. Apply leadership concepts and collaborative strategies to the process of nursing care delivery.
3. Utilize quality improvement and safety management principles in clinical nursing practice.
4. Identify and Understand basic elements of nursing research.
5. Integrate scientific evidence with clinical judgment and patient preference to improve patient outcomes.
6. Safely use information technology to improve patient care.
7. Describe the ethical, legal, political and financial influencers of the delivery of patient care.
8. Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and collaborative strategies that support the delivery of interdisciplinary, patient-centered care.
9. Provide evidence based, preventive health care to families, communities, and vulnerable populations in community-based settings.
10. Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attributes of professional nursing practice.
BS Dental Technology
BS Dental Technology at PEF University College Peshawar is 4 years semester degree-based program. Students will have opportunities to learn and practice in the dental labs and clinics.
The Graduated Dental Technologist has an opportunity to work in the field of dentistry to improve the community dental health and can assist Dental surgeon during different clinical procedures and surgeries. Dental technologist are the members of dental health team whose scope of work includes design, construction, repair or alteration of dental appliances or devices such as making crowns, bridge work and different prosthesis on prescription of a dentist.
Our vision is to be the pioneers in imparting quality healthcare education and to groom well qualified and competent healthcare professionals who will excel in their abilities to achieve perfection in healthcare education.
We are dedicated to achieve academic excellence in healthcare education; inculcating competence, integrity, honesty and innovative abilities in our learners so that they may right platform where they could use innovative methodology, get clinical experience and render better healthcare services to humanity.
The Bachelor of Science in Radiology Technology is a four-year degree program designed to equip students with the relevant professional knowledge, skills, techniques and ethical values to enable them to apply their acquired expertise at a level between the doctors and the patient for the efferent Health Service Delivery.
To recruit and provide quality individuals with ambitious, extensive education that equips them with knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide high-quality, compassionate medical imaging.
bar radiology education and training should enable the student to
- develop accuracy and meticulousness to attain high levels of ethics and technical proficiency.
- Access the technical and non-technical skills in a standardized and reproducible environment.
- Strengthen the decision power and exercise appropriate judgement skills, to be applied especially and during crisis.
- Develop good leadership, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Develop and analyze innovative Strategies for effective communication with the patient and the health care personnel.
- Demonstrate inter disciplinary team building strategies or effective co-ordination between various allied health disciplines.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic concept of professional behaviors and legal implementation of work environment.
- demonstrate the knowledge of his/her role in health care delivery system.
- Establish and maintain continuing education is a faction of growth and maintenance of professional competence.
- F.Sc ( Pre- Medical) with minimum 50% marks or equivalent qualification
- Age limit is 25 years
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Introduction of DPT:
The Doctor of Physical Therapy or simply DPT is a 5 year clinical doctorate degree that allows an individual to start professional career as a “Physical Therapist”.
Physical Therapy is an essential segment of modern health care system that has been defined as a “science of the healing and art of caring”.
It pertains to the evaluation, assessment and treatment of Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems functional disorders including symptoms of pain, oedema, physiological, structural and psychosomatic ailments. It also deals with methods of treatment based on movement, manual therapy, physical agents, and therapeutics modalities to relieve pain and other complications. Hence, Physical Therapy covers basic parameters of healing sciences i.e preventive, promotive, diagnostic, rehabilitative and curative.
Vision of DPT:
The vision of DPT program is to produce experts who contribute to improve health status and health care through research, evidence based practice, education and professional leadership.
A team of committed professionals have experienced and physical therapy services and education based on research, training and development.
Mission Of DPT
The department is committed to ongoing Clinical Research, education and performance Review that ensure high quality physical therapy education and services.
The physical therapy program is dedicated to excellence is demonstrated through National recognition.
It is committed to academic enquiry and expression by fostering evidence base Healthcare research, teaching, service and public engagement.
It focuses to cultivating leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in the students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Objectives Of DPT:
Graduates of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program will:
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relevant to Physical Therapy, both in their fundamental context and in their application to the discipline of Physical Therapy.
- Understand, correlate and apply theoretical foundations of knowledge to the practice of physical therapy; evaluate and clarify new or evolving theory relevant to physical therapy.
- Demonstrate the behaviors of the scholarly clinician by developing and utilizing the process of critical thinking and enquiry, particularly focus on the improvement of the practice of physical therapy and the delivery of Healthcare.
- Engage in reflective practice through sound clinical decision making, critical self-assessment and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate mastery of entry level professional clinical skills, Provision of these services is based on the best available evidence and includes physical therapy examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention, prevention activities, Wellness initiatives and appropriate Health Care utilization.
- Prepare to influence the development of human healthcare regulations and policies that are consistent with the needs of the patient and of the society.
- Demonstrate leadership, management, and communication skills to effectively participate in physical therapy practice and the health care team.
- Incorporate and demonstrate positive attitude and behaviors to all persons.
- Demonstrate the professional and social skills to adopt to changing healthcare environments to effectively provide physical therapy care.
Doctor Of Physical Career And Scope
Although the field of Physiotherapy is under development in Pakistan, still physiotherapists have a great career and scope and Pakistan. They can get jobs in government hospitals in 17th grade. They can start their private practice as Doctors of Physical Therapy. There is a great shortage of qualified Physiotherapist and private sector too, so they have good employment opportunities for them in private hospitals. They can get job in education, research and sports fields. At present Doctors of Physical Therapy have great chances to excel in this field, because there are only few qualified physiotherapists who are practicing in the country. Physiotherapist can also get the immigration of Canada, Australia and New Zealand easily because they are included in the list of skill shortage professions in these countries.
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Eligibility Criteria
A student holding F.Sc (Pre Medical) with minimum 60% marks from Pakistan or an equivalent qualification from any other foreign university / School is eligible for admission in DPT.
Master in Business Administration (2 Years)
It is a full time two years program aim at providing a progressive ladder to candidates who aims to pursue their career in the field of business.
It enables the candidates to academic pursuance of a higher degree and / or in attaining high level of managerial positions in the market. The program aims to provide business graduates with an exclusive opportunity to learn advanced techniques and methods to help transform contemporary businesses on modern ethos.